July 9, 2021 - July 16, 2021, All Day
Add to iCal | Add to Google Calendar
One Step Closer!
Summer is upon us and the world is slowly reopening. We at Kehillat Ma’arav feel the same hope and optimism that you do!
We are pleased to announce that in light of improving conditions and Los Angeles County’s lifting of several restrictions, Kehillat Ma’arav will continue to usher in a joyful and coordinated re-opening for worship services and general activities. Our synagogue community will begin to look more and more familiar over the summer.
- For the time being, we will be continuing to wear masks anytime that we are in the building, regardless of vaccination status. We will be revisiting this practice in the weeks ahead as we progress through our reopening. Stay tuned!
- A reservation is no longer needed to attend Shabbat morning services. Join us when you can!
- Capacity limits and social distancing requirements have also been lifted, though we will still have a wee bit of space between seats. Come sit with your friends!
- Entry screening. We will eliminate temperature checks and other screening to enter the building. However, we do ask that if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, that you refrain from attending events and programming at the synagogue. Be well!
- Some of our favorite parts of the Shabbat morning service will be gradually reintroduced: lifting and dressing of the Torah, the Torah procession, sitting in the round, and yes—Kiddush. Good things ahead!
- Weekday Operations. The synagogue office will reopen fully on Tuesday, July 6 (closed on Monday, July 5 for Independence Day). We’ve missed you, so be sure to come say “hello”!
- For those who are unable to join us in-person, we will continue to offer Shabbat Morning services and other programs over Zoom indefinitely. You won’t miss a thing!
We will re-evaluate our protocols, as necessary. We are committed to providing a safe, sacred, and welcoming space for all of our families, their friends, and the rest of our community.
Finally, thank you for all of your love, support, and flexibility (!) these past fifteen months. We are so grateful to have had such a strong and vibrant community to power us through such a challenging time. We are certainly in the homestretch and are hopeful for additional positive change in the weeks ahead!